Are you thinking of participating in Blogmas in 2021? The Blogmas challenge can be a fun event to participate in but can require some planning ahead of time.
What is Blogmas?
Blogmas is an event in the blogging calendar where bloggers post every day in December (or every day up until Christmas). It’s kind of like an advent calendar for blogs. But instead of opening a door to find a piece of chocolate each day, you read a new blog post from your favourite bloggers.
You can also participate in Vlogmas – which is the same idea, but you upload a Vlog to YouTube.
I’m sure you could also do Instamas, Reelmas, Tiktokmas – you get the idea! Daily content! In December! Do it!
Why should you participate in Blogmas?
Well, the best reason I can give you is that it’s fun! It can really get you in the mood for Christmas if you’re the type of person that loves Christmas and the massive build-up.
There’s also the satisfaction of managing to post every day. It’s a real accomplishment.
It can also be a way to accomplish a few of those blogging goals that you set at the start of the year, such as getting more followers or pageviews. Posting more and being more involved in the community can give your blog stats a bit of a boost for the end of the year.
It’s important to remember that December is a busy month for most people. Depending on where you work, you might be working longer hours than normal. There’s also Christmas party’s and catching up with friends.
So if you want to complete a sucessful Blogmas, then it’s time to start planning ahead.
The easiest way to do this is brainstorm your Blogmas post ideas. Then start writing them.
Check how long you have left until Christmas and decide how many you would like to write in advance. Currently, it’s 102 days until December 1st. Or 14 weeks and 4 days, which is plenty of time!
You could aim to write one or two Blogmas posts a week from now until the 1st of December and have everything scheduled.
Or you can cowboy it and just write a Blogmas post each day in December. Though it’s probably smart to have at least some posts written and scheduled by December so you have a grace period.
Just do what works for you depending on what time your lifestyle will allow you to have.
What should I blog about during Blogmas?
You can blog about anything you want! But most people use Blogmas to write content that is related to Christmas, or winter.
Here are some ideas for blog posts..
50 Blogmas ideas for 2021
- Gift guide for parents
- Top 5 Christmas movies
- Food you must include in your Christmas dinner
- Post about different Christmas traditions around the world
- Christmas day outfit
- Christmas wishlist
- Memories of Christmas from your childhood
- Write a gift guide for him/her/pets/children
- How to make your own gift tags
- Winter skincare routine
- Post about your family’s Christmas traditions
- Christmas market post
- Show off your Christmas tree
- Christmas table decor ideas
- Christmas jumper wishlist
- Christmas party outfit ideas
- A receipe with leftover turkey
- Where to go on holiday for Christmas
- Advent calendar review
- Top Christmas songs
- Christmas nail ideas
- Write a Christmas quiz or share Christmas facts
- Christmas makeup tutorial
- Recap of your last Christmas
- Winter outfit ideas
- Create a Christmas crossword for your readers
- How to cosy up your home this winter
- Favourite Christmas candles
- Elf on the shelf ideas
- Favourite Christmas bath products
- Christmas cocktail recipe
- Christmas pyjama wishlist
- Describe your perfect Christmas day
- Christmas home decor wishlist
- Christmas Eve plans
- DIY Christmas stocking
- Tell a story of when you believed in Santa
- Best Christmas crafts to do with kids
- Gift ideas for baby’s first Christmas
- Stocking filler gift guide
- Why you love Christmas
- The best games to play at Christmas
- Favourite Christmas TV shows
- How to give to chairty this Christmas
- Christmas hot chocolate recipe
- Favourite treats at Christmas
- DIY Christmas bauble
- How to save money at Christmas
- How to make a bit of extra money at Christmas
- Ways to shop sustainable this Christmas
Are you taking part in Blogmas this year?